The Visit Visa also known as Tourist Visa is a type of non-immigrant visa for individuals desiring to enter a country of their choice, temporarily for different purposes such as business, pleasure, tourism or medical treatment, visiting friends or family and family re-union for a restricted period of time.
Generally anyone who wants to visit a country needs to abide by certain rules and regulations imposed by the respective country that you intend visiting. These rules may vary depending on the type of visit you intend making and you have to meet all these requirements to be eligible for a visit visa to that particular country. Usually visas are granted for either single or multiple entries depending upon one’s circumstances. And the period of stay is different from one country to another.
Basic Requirements for a Visitor Visa
• A valid passport
• Photograph (specification varies according to the country)
• Proof of financials to support oneself during a visit
• Sponsor documents (If applicable)
• Documents related to the purpose of the trip (Eg: Invitation letters, Tour Itinerary)
• Proof of strong ties to home country (Eg: Employment letters, close family and assets)